2 min read
PALEO DIET TIPS
- Plan meals. Take time every Sunday (or whatever day works for you) and sit down and plan on your meals for the week. Planning will help you stay on track and not cheat.
- Keep meals simple. Don’t over complicate things by trying to have a vegetable at every meal or meat at every meal. Go with what works for you.
- Stock up on good foods. Make sure you are prepared for times when you want to snack or are hungry for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you make sure that you have the good foods on hand you’ll be less likely to fall off plan.
- Stay away from the bad foods. Rid your house of non-Paleo diet foods because if you have them on hand eventually you’ll eat them.
- Recipes. You can find lots of Paleo recipes on the internet for free. Follow them and once you get comfortable with eating a Paleo diet start to create your own recipes.
- Cheats. When first starting a Paleo diet be as strict as possible the first 30 days then after that allow yourself a cheat (a food you’ve eliminated). Pay attention to how you feel after eating it. You may find it makes you feel like crap so you’ll be less likely to want to cheat again.
- Soups. Soups (or stews) are great to make so you don’t waste veggies and meats that might be getting close to their expiration date. You can make large batches and freeze it for easy meals later.
- Frozen veggies. These are cheaper than buying fresh vegetables and you can get different varieties all in one bag.
- Nuts. On the Paleo diet you’ll eat lots of nuts which can be expensive. Buy them in bulk, you’ll save money in the long run. When you buy in bulk you can also get them unsalted and raw.
- Meal replacement shakes. These are good to keep on hand, carry with you, keep at the office, etc. If you find yourself out of food or working late you can grab one of these.